Serving Size: 6
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 6 ounces slab bacon, sliced ¼ inch thick, slices cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 4 ripe but firm Stadelman Bosc Pears (quartered, seeds removed)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons walnut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup unsalted, roasted walnuts
- Sliced chives (for serving)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisp around edges, 10–12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. bacon fat from skillet.
- Season pears with salt and pepper and cook in skillet with bacon fat over medium-high, turning occasionally, until golden brown and starting to soften (they should be slightly firm at cores), 5–7 minutes. Transfer to a platter; let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, mustard, and 3 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl to combine; season dressing with salt and pepper. Toss walnuts with remaining 2 tsp. oil in another small bowl; season with salt. Drizzle dressing over pears and scatter walnuts and bacon on top. Just before serving, top with chives.
- Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.